Behind the camera...
Hey, thanks for stopping by! I'm Xiaoqi, a wedding & portrait photographer based in Charlottesville, VA. My work also frequently takes me to other areas of Virginia, D.C., and Maryland. I grew up mostly in Richmond, VA, wielding everything from markers and paint brushes to scissors and hot glue guns - but what won out was my camera. I treasured being able to instantly capture the world around me and even share what I felt in that moment. I especially love it when that feeling is joy - when those in front of my camera also see how wonderful their story is. From casual celebrations to momentous milestones, I strive to deliver images of authentic moments that spark joy for you and your loved ones.
I recently graduated from the University of Virginia, where I studied Psychology. I've become a full-time Charlottesville resident, but I do love an excuse to travel! When I'm not out with my camera and step-stool, you might find me walking around the Downtown Mall, trying my hand at new recipes, or curling up with a good stand-up comedy on Netflix (John Mulaney, anyone?).
Let's get in touch! Come say hello, ask me a question, or send me a Netflix recommendation!
A few fun facts about me:
- The #1 question I get asked might be, "how do you pronounce your name?". It's okay - I would probably wonder, too! I go by "cho-chee".
- Some of my favorite deserts are maple fudge, fresh fruit cake from Shyndigz, macarons, & crème brûlée.
- I start off every morning with a huge mug of green tea. But when I need something a little stronger, one of my favorite local coffee shops is Milli Coffee Roasters!
- Dogs > cats. Thinking about having your dog at your wedding? Or bringing him along to an engagement session or just to come meet me? Please do, it would make my day!
- Cliché, but I love sunsets. I'm not a fan of sunrises though...I'm usually not very happy to be awake early enough to see the sunrise. But I will always stop and watch the sunset.